Combe Hay is a proud Yorkshire care home which is designed to ensure our residents feel completely at home. We have many beautiful areas where residents can relax, including a large and well-tended garden with summer house, a conservatory, spacious communal lounges and of course, private and comfortable bedrooms. Our kitchens provide delicious, nutritious food in two well set out dining areas, both beaming with natural light.
Combe Hay has a total of 54 rooms, completed with en-suite bathrooms, including apartments that are ideal for two people.
All rooms are decorated and furnished to a very high standard and prices from £602.94 for a permanent residency and £633.06 for a short stay. This includes 24-hour care, all meals, all laundry and activities.
Ample parking is provided for residents and their guests. Room types include:
Single Ensuite. This comprises of a bedroom/sitting room, bath or shower room with toilet and washbasin.
Superior Ensuite. Superior ensuites include a separate bedroom and sitting room as well as a shower room with toilet and washbasin.
Apartment. This is ideal for one or two people and comprises of a sitting room, double bedroom and a bath or shower room with toilet and washbasin.
Please contact us to inquire about room availability and to arrange a visit.
Combe Hay employs a team of highly trained and experienced chefs to ensure our residents get top quality, delicious, nutritious meals every single day. We can also cater for any individual dietary requirements our residents might have.
As one of Scarborough’s leading residential care homes, we have achieved the top rating in the government’s Food Hygiene Rating scheme.
Meals are served in two light, airy and comfortable dining rooms – and friends and family are very welcome to stay and eat with us.
Due to its beautiful design, Combe Hay has plenty of light and airy rooms where residents can social together or simply enjoy a quiet rest in relaxing surroundings.
We have several lounges, large and small, as well as beautiful conservatories where many of our activities take place.
Our well-stocked library caters for all tastes, and we have many large print books so residents with visual impairments can still enjoy reading. The library also doubles as a peaceful place to sit and relax, away from the more sociable areas of the home.
Outside, the well maintained gardens and walkways provide a serene and safe environment in which to stroll or to sit, relax and enjoy being surrounded by nature.
We are very proud of our stunningly landscaped award winning gardens. Over the past few years our gardeners, Rob and Paul, and their team have created a wonderful wildflower meadow which attracts butterflies and other vital pollinators into the gardens.
More recently, they have set up a vegetable patch which produces a variety of homegrown produce that we use in our kitchen.
At Combe Hay, we have won many awards for our garden, including the Most Productive Vegetable Garden award at the ‘Muck & Magic’ Awards, held in the Ocean Room of the Scarborough Spa. We also received a Gold Award for ‘The most cared for Residential Home or Sheltered Housing garden’ at the same event.
At the centre of our beautiful gardens is a pond and splendid summer house, all served by carefully maintained, level pathways to ensure maximum safety when strolling the grounds.
We offer many extra services to our residents to ensure they get the most out of their lives. These include:
- A newly refurbished modern hairdressing salon for our residents and appointments can be made directly with the hairdresser.
- A regular chiropodist visit look after our residents’ foot care.
- Our own library and a mobile library that visits on a three weekly basis.
- Friends of Combe Hay visit every Friday morning with their trolley of toiletries, sweets, cards, bottled fruit juices etc. Any item not in stock can be ordered and they will try to get it for the following week.
- Newspapers and magazines are available to order and are delivered daily.
- If residents require pharmaceutical/medical products they can be ordered through our Care Managers.
- A well-equipped laundry room available at any time for residents who prefer to do their own laundry.
- Facilities to store and charge motorised scooters which can be used inside or outside of the grounds of the home.