We strongly believe that all our residents should be able lead interesting and active lives, so we always ensure there is a wide range of activities and social events for them to take part in. These include a varied program of entertainment organised by our Welfare Team such as …
- Carpet bowls
- Outdoor crazy golf
- Card games
- Musical entertainment
- Play your cards right
Other regular activities include …
- Board games, quizzes, gentle musical movement, watercolour painting, tai chi.
- U3A – the local U3A (University of the Third Age) holds several weekly classes such as astronomy, photography and cosmology at the home and residents are encouraged to take part in these if they so wish.
- Outings – our minibus is used for weekly outings and trips to local beauty spots and also provides a twice weekly service to town.
- Fund-raising events for other charities – each year we hold a summer Garden Party and a Christmas Fair and we encourage the residents and their guests to enjoy the stalls, the music and entertainment which fill the Home.
- Buffet evening – we hold this at the beginning of each year where residents can invite guest to our famous extravagant buffet evening.